Suede is making a huge comeback this spring. The fabric was showcased in many of the Spring 2015 Ready-to-Wear shows: Jason Wu, Chloé, Derek Lam, Altuzarra, Gucci and so much more.
There definitively is a 70’s retro revival in fashion this spring/summer and in my opinion, suede is perfect to revive the bohemian feel of that decade. What I love about suede this spring is that it comes in so many different colors and shades. Here are a few items that I’m totally coveting this season, and how I would wear them.
1. MANGO fringe leather jacket. Thrown over a white blouse tucked in a mini skirt or a pair of wide leg jeans for that 70’s feel.
2. MANGO suede biker jacket. Worn over the shoulders with a long white maxi dress. Very Bohemian chic!
3. ZARA leather patchwork shirt. Tucked in a midi skirt or pair of dark denim jeans for a more casual look.
4. NEW BALANCE 420 sneakers (also here). Sneakers are great with everything. I love how New Balance offers so many cool color combos. A great pair of sneakers can either dress down or light up any outfit (and they’re so comfy). White blouse+ripped jeans+NB 420’s= love.
5. MISSGUIDED faux suede side zip shift dress. I love this retro dress. I’d pair it with gladiator sandals by day and with barely there heeled sandals by night for a more retro chic look.
6. ASOS A-line skirt. Absolute must-have this season. It can be worn with crop tops for the more daring, a simple white button up shirt or a jean shirt tucked in. So 70’s.
7. ASOS wrap pencil skirt. I love the cut of that skirt. I would simply throw over an oversize off-white or grayish knit for that effortless look.
8. MANGO suede wrap skirt. How gorgeous is this dark blue color?! I would play with contrast and wear a simple white silk camisole with it.